To apply for the following position please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
1. THE COMPANY
Established in 2005 by record-breaking polar explorers, White Desert Antarctica operates luxury trips to the interior of Antarctica. We fly guests from our home base in Cape Town on a private jet for once-in-a-lifetime experiences including visiting the South Pole, summiting extraordinary mountain ranges, photographing a colony of 28,000 Emperor penguins, hiking, yoga and exploring ice tunnels.
Despite being a niche player, the company is already recognised as a pioneer in providing breath-taking eco-experiences in a challenging environment. The company is beginning a new phase in its growth, moving from one luxury eco-camp to two, with a host of other plans in the pipeline. White Desert is growing its Sales & Marketing team to assist in new lead generation and conversion of sales.
2. PRODUCT OFFERING
The season runs from mid-November to the first week of February. White Desert logistics and hospitality staff are in Antarctica from late October to mid-February each year, while the office team are based in Cape Town. Each of our camps hosts up to 12 guests, offering a boutique, intimate experience.
We offer two main products:
South Pole & Emperors – 7/8-day trip costing $98,500 (Whichaway WA) or $104,000 (Echo – EC) pp sharing and includes trips to the South Pole and the Emperor Penguins at Atka Bay. These trips take place during December and January.
Early Emperors – as above without the South Pole trip, this costs $62,500 (WA) or $65,000 (EC) pp sharing and takes place in November before the South Pole trips begin.
3. SALES & MARKETING TEAM
White Desert’s Marketing & Sales team consists of the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer (CSMO), the Head of Sales (HoS), Senior Reservationist, Junior Reservationist, Content Manager & Graphic/Digital Design Officer. They are supported by a professional photographer/videographer, a senior graphic designer, sales representation companies in key markets and a London-based PR agency on retainer.
The strategic focus is to drive sales by developing strong relationships with existing explorer networks and the high-end travel agency community (including networks such as Virtuoso), as well as with alternate providers to the UHNW community such as jet and yacht brokers and private family office concierges. Word of mouth, PR and referrals from previous guests are also core to what we do.
4. ROLE REPORTING & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Graphic & Digital Design Officer will report to the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer. You will be tasked with the creation and delivery of the following objectives in conjunction with the photographer/videographer, content manager and graphic designer:
Graphic Design / Marketing Production
- Marketing collateral design updates in adherence to brand guidelines i.e. Brochures, flyers, guidebooks, internal documents, website media, catering menus, maps, forms, email signatures, product branding etc.
- Conceptualisation and production of fresh ideas for online/digital material
- Standardising brand documentation i.e. letterheads; staff handbooks etc.
- Compressing / assembling / resizing documents of all kind
- Sales Presentation design
- Automating digital documents i.e. forms, surveys; interactive elements etc.
- Social media visual assets i.e. reels; image editing
- E-mailer template designs
- Liaising with 3rd party production suppliers i.e. Printers; Creative Design lead etc.
- Collection of marketing material from suppliers when necessary
Video / Photo
- Managing and organising media library
- Gallery management on all platforms i.e. Vimeo; YouTube; internal media galleries etc.
- Up to date with key digital & industry related trends and insights
- Aptitude in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Recent Graphic & Digital design graduate
- At least 2 years working experience in a graphic, design, marketing role
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- Able to balance the need for high quality versus flexibility and speed
- Self-starter, able to work independently including with colleagues working remotely
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong initiative and creativity
- Team player who shares ideas and learning with others
- Open to constructive feedback
- Professional presentation with a sense of adventure
- Excited by travel, winter sports and Antarctica
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- A portfolio is essential for all interviews – please provide original artworks
Please note: the above is not exhaustive and may be modified to suit operational needs. In particular, the heavy demands on the company during the season may require the candidate to assist in supporting the team on occasion.
Southern Suburbs, Cape Town, South Africa
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]
Stay in touch
Enter your email here to sign up for our newsletter