To apply for the following position please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
1. THE COMPANY
Established in 2005 by record-breaking polar explorers, husband-and-wife duo Patrick and Robyn Woodhead, White Desert Antarctica operates luxury trips to the interior of Antarctica, flying 36 guests at a time from its home base in Cape Town on a private charter for once-in-a-lifetime experiences including visiting the South Pole, summiting an unclimbed mountain, photographing a colony of 28,000 emperor penguins, climbing, trekking, and exploring ice tunnels.
Operating out of two luxury camps Echo and Whichaway, the company is already recognised as a pioneer in providing breath-taking eco-experiences in a challenging environment. The ambition is to maintain exceptional levels of service and hospitality, particularly the guest facing aspect to always ensure a premium luxury experience. White Desert not only provides tourism but also services the Antarctic science community.
Extremely complex value chain with extraordinarily high logistical expenses that enable transportation to and accommodation of guests on the continent. Highly seasonal business which results in the need for careful planning in both the high and low seasons.
The Tourism / Guest Experience Manager will be the initial and ongoing point of contact with Clientele. The role is characterized by long, unsociable work hours during season (Oct-Feb), with a 24/7 approach to work with a lot of hustle and bustle. There is more flexibility outside of the season.
The role involves:
- Serves as the main contact for direct communications and interactions with our high end guests via Cape Town and responsible for their entire “guest experience” from the time they leave Cape Town to arrival at luxury site
- Onboarding of all guests across their camps, including day trips and expedition clients
- Maintenance of the online program to reflect guest status
- Updating guest pre-trip comms in collaboration with Sales team
- Managing relationships with external partners – hotels, transfers etc
- Liaison with hotels to confirm briefing venues
- Managing and partaking in briefings
- 6-8 years’ relevant experience in hospitality project management, event management and/or guest relations, handling complex projects
- Proven track record and outstanding ability to be client facing (polished, confident, able to engage at all levels);
- Dynamic personality and able to hold their own with wealthy international clientele
- High professionalism
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong project management skills – able to multi-task and handle multiple (and conflicting) priorities
- Agile, unflustered and able to problem solve and handle difficult queries and people
- Thrives under pressure, shows the tenacity to keep on going no matter what with little supervision
- Willing to work the hours needed to get the job done (very busy in season, slows down out of season)
- Experience in international tourism an advantage but not essential
- Able to maintain high confidentiality (of our high end clients names and personal information)
- Excellent telephone, and online communication presence via Zoom etc
- Excellent MS Office skills
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]