To apply for the following position please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
1. THE COMPANY
Established in 2005 by record-breaking polar explorers, husband-and-wife duo Patrick and Robyn Woodhead, White Desert Antarctica operates luxury trips to the interior of Antarctica, flying 36 guests at a time from its home base in Cape Town on a private charter for once-in-a-lifetime experiences including visiting the South Pole, summiting an unclimbed mountain, photographing a colony of 28,000 emperor penguins, climbing, trekking, and exploring ice tunnels.
Operating out of two luxury camps Echo and Whichaway, the company is already recognised as a pioneer in providing breath-taking eco-experiences in a challenging environment. The ambition is to maintain exceptional levels of service and hospitality, particularly the guest facing aspect to always ensure a premium luxury experience. White Desert not only provides tourism but also services the Antarctic science community.
Joining seasonally, the team as Flight Co-ordinator the Contractor will be required to support the Flight Operations Lead, for a period between 1 Sep 2023 until 28 Feb 2024.
Responsible for coordinating all aircraft support functions in Cape Town for inter-continental flights and broadly operating under the direction of the Flight Operations Manager. The below outlines the primary responsibilities for this role, is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, dependent upon the operational requirements of the Employer and within the parameters of the position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the Flight Dispatch process
- Filing of FPL (inter-continental)
- Facilitate in passenger and cargo manifest
- Flight monitoring
- Flight data recording
- Co-ordination at the airport;
- Ensuring all elements of the flight at the airport come together for a successful launch
- Checking the planned figures of passengers, bags and cargo
- Communicating with the various departments within the airport to arrange for airport services such as fueling and ground handling
- Antarctica Weather forecasting, decoding and disseminating
- Assist in the development and documentation of operational procedures;
- The above outlines the primary responsibilities for the roles/duties, is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, dependent upon the operational requirements of White Desert Limited and within the parameters of the position; and
- From time to time, the performance of duties outside the sphere of this job description will be required, as and when necessary, dependent upon the operational requirements of White Desert.
- In addition, there is an all-embracing expectation that each team member will work collaboratively within the team framework and that each team member is responsible for maintaining a supportive environment in line with the White Desert ethos.
Candidate Specifications Competencies
- Qualifications: Entry level ATS/ PPL type knowledge (which includes air traffic services, air law, meteorology forecasting processes, navigation, flight planning, NOTAM).
- Understanding of DG
- Airport ground handling / services knowledge
- Flight planning
- Understanding of Slots and CTOTs
- Practical experience of the above – min. 2 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular – experience with Apple Mac will be advantageous)
Required Skills and Experience
- Proactive with strong organising skills, team-oriented, flexible approach and able to provide solid results under high pressure
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to cope with heavy workload
- High attention to detail
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]
Stay in touch
Enter your email here to sign up for our newsletter