To apply for the following position please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Salary expectations
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
1. THE COMPANY
Established in 2005 by record-breaking polar explorers, White Desert Antarctica operates luxury trips to the interior of Antarctica, flying 36 guests at a time from its home base in Cape Town on a private charter for once-in-a-lifetime experiences including visiting the South Pole, summiting an unclimbed mountain, photographing a colony of 28,000 emperor penguins, climbing, trekking, and exploring ice tunnels.
Operating out of two luxury camps Echo and Whichaway, the company is already recognised as a pioneer in providing breath-taking eco-experiences in a challenging environment. The ambition is to maintain exceptional levels of service and hospitality, particularly the guest facing aspect to always ensure a premium luxury experience. White Desert not only provides tourism but also services the Antarctic science community.
Joining seasonally, the team as Flight Operations Administrator, the Contractor will be required to support the Flight Operations department, for a period between 1 Oct 2023 until 31 Mar 2024.
Responsible for providing support for Flight Operations programs and initiatives, sustain administrative duties, broadly operating under the direction of the Flight Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize and support administrative functions for the department
- Capturing and maintaining of airport utilisation against contract
- Monitor service provider performance and activities
- Checking and correlating final invoices
- Flagging contractual discrepancies
- Assist in tracking and investigating of flight program and On-Time Performance issues
- Official communication with operator and service providers regarding crew logistics
- Responsible for operator crews’ flights, accommodation and transfers
- Coordinating with travel agent
- Point of contact for hotels and transfers
- Maintaining recording of crew details; names, arrival dates and trip details
- Coordinating all crew logistics
- Post flight and season report development and dissemination
- Assist in the development and documentation of operational procedures
- The above outlines the primary responsibilities for the roles/duties, is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, dependent upon the operational requirements of White Desert Limited and within the parameters of the position; and
- From time to time, the performance of duties outside the sphere of this job description will be required, as and when necessary, dependent upon the operational requirements of White Desert.
- In addition, there is an all-embracing expectation that each team member will work collaboratively within the team framework and that each team member is responsible for maintaining a supportive environment in line with the White Desert ethos.
Candidate Specifications Competencies
- Degree in Office Administration or related filed; additional qualification as personal assistant or higher, would be considered an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible office administration or similar experience
- Familiarity with working in the aviation industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include the ability to interact and respond positively and professionally with flight crews, other department personnel, and outside vendors / agencies
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail required
- English language proficiency;
- Ability to work with confidential material
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and holidays
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to cope with heavy workload
- High attention to detail
- Able to prioritise multiple task
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little or no supervision
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]
Stay in touch
Enter your email here to sign up for our newsletter