To apply for the following position please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
White Desert is a fast-growing company which now requires a seasonal Flight Ops Co-ordinator to work alongside the Flight Operations team during the Antarctic season only.
White Desert Africa is the South African logistics subsidiary White Desert Limited, a UK-based tourism company providing luxury tours of Antarctica. This role is office based in Cape Town and will generally have normal working hours, except for occasions when overtime work may be required.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Flight Coordinator will undertake the following:
- Maintaining of Flight Schedule
- Payload manifest
- Point of contact for flight crews at FACT in matters such as: Weather briefing, NOTAM briefing, Abnormalities
- Flight Monitoring
- Flight hours and fuel data recording
- Ensuring all elements of the flight at the airport come together for a successful launch
This role report to the Flight Operations Manager.
- Qualifications: Entry level ATS/ PPL type knowledge (which includes air traffic services, air law, meteorology forecasting processes, navigation, flight planning, NOTAM).
- Practical experience of the above – min. 2 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular – experience with Apple Mac will be advantageous)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills is key
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Own car with clean driver’s license
- CRM aware
This is a 4 to 6 month contract role, with no offer of permanency. Preference is given to South African (or with valid work permit) residents, Cape Town based individuals who are immediately available.
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]