To apply for the following positions please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
White Desert is a fast-growing company which now requires a seasonal Guest Operations Co-ordinator to work alongside the Guest Relations team during the Antarctic season only. This role will be responsible for the operational implementation and admin of the guest team in season in order to allow the GRM to focus on communicating with guests in CPT. This role will have quite junior responsibilities but will be client-facing and so the candidate must be mature, sophisticated and able to interact at the highest level.
White Desert Africa is the South African logistics subsidiary White Desert Limited, a UK-based tourism company providing luxury tours of Antarctica. This role is office based in Cape Town and will have long, unsociable hours (including middle of the night) and will require a 24/7 approach to work, with flexibility of time off.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Guest Operations Coordinator will undertake the following:
- Assist Guest Relations Manager with all briefings and flight arrivals/departures in terms of client-facing requirements
- Pack guest gift boxes and manage logistics sheet
- Arrange drop off of gift boxes to clients
- Responsible for coordinating guest touch points for each trip:
- Luggage tags
- Boarding passes
- Gift boxes
- Briefing and kit sheets for cargo
- Chocolates and postcards for returning guests
- Responsible for tracking stock sheets for all of the above items and reordering as needed to maintain stock for the season
- Organise all guest transfers (and testing if required)
- React to changes to schedule and amend guest logistics as required – includes moving transfers, communicating with hotels. To be directed by GRM.
- Liaising with hotels when guests returning very late/very early to update hotel to avoid cancellations. Arrange early check-ins if required where possible.
- Liaising with cargo team regarding client bag logistics.
- Rearrange guest flights and hotels where required – Snr Reservationist may assist with this.
- Organise and deliver on-ice shop items to guests as required
- Liaise with FOH on-ice regarding this
- Liaise with finance team regarding this
This role report to the Guest Relations Manager.
- Client facing and logistical experience in a fast-paced tourism environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability and excellent client-facing skills.
- Presentable and well-spoken, able to work independently but happy to take direction from management.
- Open to ‘running around’ and extended hours.
- Must live within reasonable distance of Cape Town City Centre and airport.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular – experience with Apple Mac will be advantageous).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills is key.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Own car with clean driver’s license is a must.
This is a 4 month contract role, with no offer of permanency. Preference is given to South Africans (or with valid work permit) residents, Cape Town based individuals who are available by October/ November at the latest.
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]
Stay in touch
Enter your email here to sign up for our newsletter