To apply for the following positions please ensure to send the following;
- Cover letter
- Include position title you will be applying for in the subject line to [email protected]
This is a seasonal role as an independent contractor (up to 4 months), that may likely move to an office based fixed term contract (8 months) after season. No promises of permanent employment is being made.
- Founded 17 years ago, unique multi-award winning company with high global reach (clientele and employees)
- The only company to offer a commercial private jet service to the Antarctic continent
- Renowned for their top end luxury and exclusivity
- Extremely complex value chain with extraordinarily high logistical expenses that enable transportation to, and accommodation of guests on the continent
- Highly seasonal business which results in the need for careful planning in both the high and low seasons
- Reports to the Antarctic Operations Manager with dotted line to Risk Consultant (Safety) and Environmental Consultant (HSE).
- Effective waste management practices are vital to White Deserts’ efforts to protect the Antarctic environment. The company is therefore obliged to apply responsible waste management principles and to develop waste management plans. This role would be partly responsible for that plan and implementation thereof along with the Environmental Consultant.
- Develops and implements environmental safety and health standards, criteria and guidelines, as applicable to the Antarctic environment and legislative compliance.
- Scheduling and conducting training sessions based upon team members job specific requirements. Training may include; General Safety Awareness, Safety Training, Scaffolding, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Respiratory Protection, and other job-specific training.
- Performs hygiene surveys and documents findings according to accepted procedures.
- Uses and maintains health and safety related instrumentation
- Issue safety equipment as required.
- Conducts inventory of health and safety related supplies, and provides information to manager for purchase.
- Follow-up and assist line-leaders with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Performs other duties as required.
· Based in office in Cape Town (± 8 months)
IN SEASON (Nov-Feb):
· Based in Antarctica (± 4 months)
- Environmental – Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH International General Certificate
· Experience in construction safety is preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience with safety and health rules, regulations, standards, and the components of an effective safety program, including plant operations and/or construction safety, fire protection, public health, and development of related training programs is required.
· Experience in conducting thorough root cause analysis to ensure root causal factors are identified and mitigated in response to safety-related incidents is required.
· Proficient in conducting safety training and presentations to groups.
· Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely is required.
· Ability to solve immediate hazards and compliance issues without interrupting the Operations of the Antarctic Camps.
· Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
· Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
· Must successfully complete the medical and dental examinations as required for deploying to Antarctica.
- Willing to go above and beyond what is asked and work unsociable hours when needed (in season)
- Able to adapt to sudden changes to plans, and working under pressure
Please send your CV, cover letter and include position you will be applying for in subject line to [email protected]
Stay in touch
Enter your email here to sign up for our newsletter