GETTING READY FOR ANTARCTICA
Our team is busy preparing for White Desert’s most in-demand season yet, with extensive upgrades to our aircraft fleet and overland vehicles; added luxuries at our flagship camp at Whichaway; and even the launch of Echo camp, a brand new space-inspired camp targeted at our more adventure-oriented guests.
For the peace of mind of our guests travelling with us this season, we have outlined our latest COVID policies below, which are designed to keep them safe and healthy during their time with us. Our team are constantly monitoring entry policies into South Africa and will update this page accordingly and in line with world’s best practice measures.
Vaccination & Testing
- White Desert staff will all be vaccinated.
- Guests will be required to be vaccinated at least one month before arriving in Cape Town.
- Guests, clients and national program partners (NAPS) may be required to provide proof and date of vaccination along with their medical forms.
- Whilst in Antarctica, we will follow guidelines issued by the British Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (as White Desert operates on a UK-issued permit). We will also follow policies issued by the International Association of Antarctic Tour Operators (IAATO) and other worldwide medical bodies.
- Staff will undergo regular testing whilst in Antarctica.
- Each of our camps in Antarctica will have a fully qualified doctor on staff at all times.
- Should anyone show Covid-19 symptoms in Antarctica, they will be isolated and tested. If they test positive and begin to show symptoms, the camp doctor will decide if an evacuation flight is necessary.
All staff and clients will be expected to be vaccinated before going into Antarctica or have proof of adequate antibodies from a recent Covid recovery. Clients may be required to provide proof and date of vaccination along with their medical forms.
We acknowledge that the situation regarding Covid is in constant flux, so we will update this page as necessary and keep our guests informed of any changes in policy. For more information, guests may check the Terms & Conditions they signed at the time of booking or please contact our Guest Relations team.
In the meantime, our latest rates and availability can be found here – please contact us for more information on [email protected] or +1 718 312 8653 if you have any queries about future trips.
Thank you for your ongoing support for White Desert.